Join guide Arto on this arctic winter adventure to Astuvansalmi rock paintings in Mikkeli. Arto will pick you up from your hotel/cottage and drive near Astuvansalmi. Then we put on snowshoes or non-slip crampons and start moving the 2,2 km nature trail to the painting area. Fresh air and Finnish forest will empower you as we go on ice and in the forest. Guide tells you stories about local history, nature and wildlife along the way. The nature in winter is a real wonderland!! It is a great experience to see the ancient Rock painting in the mountain wall. All in all, Astuvansalmi rock paintings are amongst the most spectacular ones in all of Scandinavia. Before trekking back to the car, we enjoy warm drink and soupe prepared by guide.
Highlights of winter Astuvansalmi tour
- hop & go. Guide makes all arrangements, you just need to book, walk and enjoy
- winter wonderland, snowy forest and frozen lakes are amazing
- Astuvansalmi rock paintings field, the most important in the Nordic Countries, a truly magnificent sight
- guide stories & warm snack by Astuvansalmi mountainwall
Winter Astuvansalmi tour details
- When → from early November untill end April. Guide recommend winter tours in January-March when lakes are deep frozen and forests covered by snow
- When → Guide will pick you up from your hotel/cottage in Mikkeli/Puumala area and drive you to the site by adventure bus. Remember to give the address of your hotel/cottage with order
- Difficulty → semi-difficult, suits only to normal healthy adults. Trekking or snow shoeing almost 5 kms requires good physical condition and adventure spirit from all participants. This tour is not suitable for children or old persons. Earlier snow shoeing experience is not necessary, because your guide will teach you all.
- Start → morning at 09:00 , guide will come to your accommodation. If you prefer a later start, you should contact guide before order. Please note that daylight-time is very short in winter, and we want make whole tour in daylight-conditions
- Price → 60€/person Minimum fee is 240€ (4 persons). Bus is good for max 8 persons. Bigger groups should ask offer before ordering
- Price includes → bus transfer, rental of snow shoes/non-slip crampons, guide services, safety equipment, warm drink and hot soup by Astuvansalmi. Guide carries first aid equipment.
- You should bring → warm outdoor clothing and warm winter trekking shoes, water bottle, adventure spirit
- Service language → guide speaks english, finnish, french and also some german, a bit of russian
- if you have any questions, send them by the contact form
- Book online below. Payment by creditcards and instant confirmation