Canoe rental Finland -Saimaa lakeland
Canoe rental Finland lakeland. Finland is a canoeing paradise with its 188000 lakes and hundreds of rivers. Lake Saimaa area in Eastern Finland is probably the best region for a paddling holiday. There are four National Parks in the area and many camping sites available for paddlers. There a few companies in Saimaa Lakeland area, where you may rent canoe and gear. My company makes canoe rental in northern Saimaa area.
My canoe rental service includes:
- rental of indian canoes & fishing kayaks
- transfer of canoes and persons from Varkaus to nearby locations & national parks by a minibus (max 8 persons) including:
- Kolovesi national park
- Linnansaari national park
- help with route planning
- book by email and pay online
Information on my canoe rental:
- Canoe models and prices. I recommend Gatz canoe for longer canoe tours because it has a lot of space for equipment. CHECK PRICES & CANOE MODELS
- Availability. Rental is available all open water season (april-october, sometimes even till mid-november). The high-season is from mid-July till end August. Consider coming during low-season in may-june or in september, when there are less boats and people in the lakes, and camping sites are mostly empty. My rental is only available by preorder. I donot have a base for last minute rentals.
- What is included? Prices include canoe, one paddle/person, one drybag/canoe, one safety vest/person, map, instruction, free tips. I also offer special packages that include transfers.
- Route planning is important. Have a look at my canoe-routes page for ideas. Feel free to ask for advice. When I see you in Varkaus, we will check your plan together on the map before you go.
- Cancellations and refunds. Check my reservation policy before you order.
- Order and payment. Once you have ordered my services by email, I will send you a payment link by email. Check also my special package offers for 7 days and 14 days rentals. More value for your money!
- Do you need more guidance? Canoeing and navigating in a big lake area requires many wilderness skills and good physical condition. If you are a beginner or feel that you need more guidance, you should consider taking a guided tour instead of going out by yourself. One possibility is that you book a guide for the first day, and then continue better prepared. In this case, contact me prior to booking.
- the best canoeing waters are allways far from the nearest bus/train station. Therefore you will most likely need a transfer
- Tranfer is made by a Toyota Hi-Ace minibus that takes guide + max eight (8) persons. I have a trailer for canoes and equipment.
- Transfer is available from Varkaus railway/bus station, adress: Relanderinkatu 18, 78200 Varkaus.
- On request I can pick-up from any other location in Varkaus too. It is very easy to reach Varkaus by train and bus from Helsinki, which is the main entrance from abroad. Have a look at my general-information for usefull links.
- Please note that you can buy supplies in Citymarket just 200m from the bus/trainstation.
- Transfer is possible also from other towns like Kuopio/Joensuu, but it will take me more time and more kilometres, so it will cost you more. Ask for offer !
- Return transfer can be arranged from many places depending on your route planning. Have a look at my canoe-routes page and select the place that best suits your needs. We shall agree the pick-up place on site before you go and mark it on the map. I highly recommend that you stay in Varkaus for one night before returning, because this will give us more flexibility about the return transfer
- NOTE: the schedule of transfer will be only confirmed the morning of transfer. If I am busy on a guided tour, I will inform you by SMS about the first possible pick-up time. If I am not busy, the pick-up time can be any time you want. For this reason, you should be flexible with the pick-up time.
Welcome canoeing in Finland, Saimaa Lakeland