Canoe tour examples
Up to 30% of land is covered by water in Saimaa lake district. Many lakes are interconnected via rivers and straits forming a huge water network, and a paradise for canoeing. We have selected some canoe tours and given a price tag. You can pick one of these, or ask a tailor-made canoe tour where-ever you are, because we can easily transport our canoes to your cottage or nearby lake.
1. Tailormade canoe tours near you in Savo area
Ideal for 2-6 person groups staying in a rental cottage or hotel anywhere in Savo area. Guided canoe tour is a great way to spend time out on the lake with a guide. Give me your adress and name of hotel/cottage, and I will come there with canoes.
- This is a “last minute tour”, sold for next day only. Send request via contact form one day before
- available may-october in north Saimaa area (within 100kms of Varkaus)
- duration 3H
- fee depends on group size, starting 200€/group. (fee 200€/2persons, 210€/3persons, 220€/4persons, 230€/5persons, 240€/6persons)
- group size 2-10 persons
- fee includes equipment, guide and transportation of canoes to/from location
- departure place: give me address of your place , and name of hotel/cottage where I come with canoes
2. Varkaus, Osmajoki river canoe tour
- may-october . Best season is in may-june when water is high and lots of birds to be seen
- duration approx 3H.
- fee 35€/pax
- group size 5-16pax. For bigger groups ask offer
- fee includes equipment, guide, coffee
- nature meal available for extra fee +15€/person. Guide will prepare the meal on open fire after canoe tour
- departure place: Honkapirtti, adress Peräahontie 10, 78210 Varkaus. Departure by default at 09:00 am. If you want to change to later, contact us before ordering to check availability
- Bookings online via book now button below. Payment by creditcards and instant confirmation
3. Varkaus city canoe tour
This is an affordable and easy tour for small groups in Varkaus. Paddling in the morning or evenings from Varkaus center to Varkaus rapids and Taipale canal is a great experience.
- 2,5 hours guided canoe tour
- departures 09:00am and 18:00pm
- Fee depends on group size. (Group fees: 120€/2persons, 130€/3p, 140€/4p, 150€/5p)
- Group size 2-16 persons. Book online latest 3 hours before. Instant confirmation.
- price includes canoe, guide and equipment
- departure place: Huruslahti bay small boat harbor, adress Hokankatu 6, 78200 Varkaus.
4. Kolovesi National park canoe tour
- one of the best lake canoeing destinations in Finland, “the hidden treasure”, highly valued by Lonely Planet
- may-october . Best season is in may-june when a Saimaa ringed seal can be spotted. In july-august there are many paddlers in Kolovesi, and often camping sites are full
- see details in page guided tours in Kolovesi national park
5. Linnansaari national park canoe tour
- see details in page guided tours in Linnansaari national park
6. Southern Konnevesi National park canoe tour
- new national park founded in 2014. Very good canoeing destination, we highly recommend
- see details in page guided tours in Konnevesi national park