Fishing kayak tour in lake Saimaa Finland
Fishing kayak tour gives you an ultimate lake experience and you get close to nature. And most of all… kayak fishing is big fun. Even a small fish will feel bigger when you catch it sitting in waterline in a small kayak… not to talk about the big ones ! Join fishing guide Arto on a morning or evening kayak fishing tour in Varkaus or elsewhere in northern Saimaa area! Check details below and make easy booking online !
Fishing kayak tour information
Fishing Kayak tour suits best for normal healthy persons with some earlier fishing experience. If you have never done any fishing before, you might find it difficult to master both kayak and all fishing gear at the same time, sitting in a solo fishing kayak. Kayaking experience is not required because guide will give you necessary instructions and the kayak is very easy to handle and very stable.
- When → from end of April (ice-out) untill end October
- Difficulty → moderate, suits normal healthy persons with some earlier fishing experience
- Start → morning fishing from 09:00-13:00 or evening fishing from 18:00-22:00 in Varkaus. The best time for fishing is in the evening. Note that during late season Sep-Oct we start a bit earlier in the evening because of shorter daylight time. Meeting place in Varkaus is Hokankatu boat harbour, address: Hokankatu, Varkaus
- Price → in Varkaus: 220€/2persons or 270€/3persons or 320€/4persons. Minimum fee is 220€ (2 persons). If you want to fish outside of Varkaus, we can bring gear by trailer to other locations for a small extra fee (+20€ in Joroinen, Heinävesi, Pieksämäki, Leppävirta or +50€ in Mikkeli, Savonlinna, Kuopio, Juva)
- Price includes → kayaks, guide, safety equipment, fishing equipment (jigs and rods). We fish mostly by jig baits. If you want to try spinners, plugs, spoons and other special baits, we have them but you should note that there will be a fee for all lost special lures. We have big selection of jigs, spinners, spoons, jerkbaits, wobblers etc, and you can select your lures before start. After fishing you will return our lures and pay for all lost ones. You may use your own lures of course. We have 4 fishing kayaks “Feel Free Lure 11,5”. Feel Free is a very stable and comfortable fishing kayak and is very easy to paddle. Guide will show you all necessary techniques before and during fishing
- Extra service → Extra hours for group cost +60€/hr. If you want to have a longer fishing experience, contact us in advance
- Extra service → We can buy fishing licences for you. All fishermen 18-65 years old need to have a paid fishing licences (fisheries management fee). We can get it for you for extra fee +7€/pax, or you can buy it yourself
- Service language → guide speaks english, finnish, french and also some german, a bit of russian
- Note → If you have family or friends who would prefer canoeing, it is also possible that some of you go fishing with guide and I bring indian canoes for the others. If you are interested in this arrangement, you should contact guide prior to booking
- if you have any questions, send them by the contact form
Top Rated in Tripadvisor
Book Now to Avoid Disappointment. Testimonials:
Thanks a lot Arto for this great experience! It was fantastic to fish with such an enthusiastic kayak fisherman… Voellm Christian
Welcome to great holidays and fishing in Finland !