Guided canoeing tour Kolovesi national park is the easiest way to explore beatifull Kolovesi lake area. Your local friendly guide knows the area, its history and stories and will share his knowledge during tour. You will hear many stories about the endangered Saimaa seal that lives in the area, and if you are lucky you may see it there. You will also explore the ancient rock-paintings in Ukonvuori hill, dating back over 5000 years and hear the mythical stories behind the paintings of course…
Kolovesi is a canoeing paradise because there is no disturbance of motor boats. Silently you will paddle round the islands and half-way land in one of the camping sites where guide prepares coffee on open fire. Optional nature lunch including delicious vendace and vegeatables prepared in the wilderness tastes heavenly good. On my canoe tour you will enjoy the best service in the area. If needed, tranportation can also be arranged. This tour is available for groups of minimum five (5) persons
Highlights of canoeing tour in Kolovesi
- Guide can arrange transportation from Savonlinna center hotels
- Kolovesi is the Jewel of eastern Finland, Canoeing paradise
- Wilderness and silence of Kolovesi
- Saimaa seal, prehistoric rock paintings, ruggy landscapes
- Friendly guide & the best service
- Delicious nature meal prepared by guide and enjoyed in the wilderness
Guided canoeing tour Kolovesi national park
Canoe tours by indian canoes to the wilderness of Kolovesi, into the waters of Saimaa ringed seals. Silence, great landscapes and historical rock paintings.
- When → from early May untill end October (ice-out day is normally during the first week of May, but may vary depending on the spring temperatures)
- Difficulty → moderate, suits well to normal healthy persons. Earlier canoe experience is not necessary, because your guide will teach you all. Guide will select the route plan according to your skills.
- Start → morning from 09:00-15:00 or evenings from 16:00-22:00Meeting place in Kolovesi is in Kirkkoranta harbor, address: Kirkkorannantie 150–200, 58180 Enonkoski. There are also three other possible starting places (Pilppa, Pyyli and Käkövesi). Ask for details if you want to start in another location
- Price → 95€/person Minimum fee is 475€ (5 persons). I have canoes for up to 16 persons
- Price includes → canoe equipment, guide services, safety equipment, one drybag per canoe for your things, delicious nature meal and coffee made on open fire. Guide carries first aid equipment. Nature meal includes Roast vendace and vegetables prepared in the wilderness (if you donot eat fish, also meat/chicken is available by preorder)
- You should bring → outdoor clothing as per the weather, water bottle, hat and sunglasses in a sunny day
- Extra service → Extra hours for group cost +60€/hr. If you want to have a longer canoe experience, contact us in advance
- Extra service → Transfer to from Kolovesi is available for max 8 persons from Savonlinna center hotels areas.
- Service language → guide speaks english, finnish, french and also some german, a bit of russian
- if you have any questions, send them by the contact form
- Book online below (button coming soon). If the time requested is available, you will get confirmation and payment link to your email. If the time requested is not available, you will get information about available times
TOP RATED IN TRIPADVISOR – read testimonials:
Tha nature was beautiful in Kolovesi national park, one day is not enough to see it all. It was our first time canoeing and it was very easy. Also Arto was very helpful and nice guide… by Christiina. See Review on Tripadvisor
We had a great time with Arto from Lakeland GTE at the Kolovesi Nationalpark from 6-10pm. Great weather! Arto told us a lot about the story... by Sascha. See Review on Tripadvisor
Welcome canoeing and exploring Kolovesi national park with guide Arto !