“Saimaa on the rocks” Ice floating in Puumala is a great arctic winter experience for small groups. Using professional grade safety suits, we jump in frozen water upstream and float downstream like a cork. Like jumping on parachute lakeland style. Safe, guided ice floating session in frozen water wearing a dry waterproof rescue suit. This program is good for all healthy persons 15-60 years old. If you have doubts about participating, contact guide before ordering. THE WINTER EXPERIENCE in lake Saimaa since 2009. This is a private winter experience in Puumala. The stream area of Puumala strait does not freeze even on the coldest days and it is the perfect place for this arctic ice floating experience. Program can be organized in Puumala center, Sahanlahti resort and Okkola holiday cottages. See information below and book now!
TOP RATED IN TRIPADVISOR – read testimonials:
The session went really well and we had lot of fun. We can warmly recommend the ice floating… Reviewed by Jalapura. See Review on Tripadvisor
Nice experience during winter. Floating in an icy stream. Can’t really go wrong with that can you? Reviewed by PekkaS. See Review in Tripadvisor
Ice Floating is an arctic winter experience to remember
Moving safely on ice is traditionally a basic skill in Finland. Finns know how to be prepared for “weak ice” and how to be equipped. Wearing a safety suit gives you a 100% safety guarantee, and you will learn it in this ice floating exercise.BOOK NOW
Information about ice floating in Puumala
- Availability: november-april
- Group size 4-16 persons (+12 years old, min height 160cm)
- Duration 1-2 hours depending on group size. Default starting time at 10:00am. If you want to start on another time, contact us before booking to check availability.
- Fee in Puumala 50€/person (minimum charge 200€/4 persons)
- Meeting in Veeransauna parking, address: Niementie 3, Puumala, Finland. Program can also be organized in Sahanlahti resort or Okkola holiday cottages
- Program: instruction for participants, dressing safety suits outside, running to upstream, jump in water, exit water downstream, warm drink, dressing back.
- Fee Includes guide, equipment, safety arrangements, hot drink
- Available for extra fee: sauna , changing clothes in warm place
- We use professional grade rescue suits in floating, and 20 suits are available,
- MAS-II isolated neopren-suits 13pcs (8pcs M for 170-188cm tall /chest max 112cm/waist max 100cm, 3pcs L for 176-205 tall /chest max 136cm/waist max 124cm, 2pcs XL for 176-205cm tall /chest max 144cm/waist max 132cm)
- Ursuit light-rescue suite 8pcs(1pc for 130-160cm tall, 5pcs for 160-190cm tall, 2pc for +180cm tall)
- Depending on your size, 2-16 persons can participate at the same time). Remember to give size of all participants (cm/kg) when you make order, so we know what size equipment we bring with us.
- Sauna and/or warm room to change clothes, available for extra cost. You should send request minimum 2 days prior by email/contactform
- Bookings online. Payment by creditcards and instant confirmation to your email