Ice floating in Varkaus “SAIMAA ON THE ROCKS”
Wow, what a winter experience ! An extreme winter activity Lakeland style for small groups. Using professional grade safety suits, we jump in frozen water upstream and float downstream like a cork. Like jumping on parachute lakeland style. Safe, guided ice floating session in frozen water wearing a dry waterproof rescue suit. This program is good for all healthy persons 15-60 years old. If you have doubts about participating, contact guide before ordering. THE WINTER EXPERIENCE in Varkaus since 2009. This is a private winter experience in Varkaus. River Pirtinvirta in Varkaus does not freeze even on the coldest days and it is the perfect place for this arctic ice floating experience. See video and information below and book now!
TOP RATED IN TRIPADVISOR – read testimonials:
The session went really well and we had lot of fun. We can warmly recommend the ice floating… Reviewed by Jalapura. See Review on Tripadvisor
Nice experience during winter. Floating in an icy stream. Can’t really go wrong with that can you? Reviewed by PekkaS. See Review in Tripadvisor
Ice Floating is an arctic winter experience to remember
Moving safely on ice is traditionally a basic skill in Finland. Finns know how to be prepared for “weak ice” and how to be equipped. Wearing a safety suit gives you a 100% safety guarantee, and you will learn it in this ice floating exercise.
Information about ice floating in Varkaus
- Availability: november-april
- Group size 5-12 persons (+15 years old)
- Duration 1-1,5 hours depending on group size. Default starting time at 2:00pm. If you want to start on another time, contact us before booking to check availability.
- Fee in Varkaus 50€/person (minimum charge 250€)
- Meeting address: Ahlströminkatu 1, 78200 Varkaus, Finland.
- Program: instruction for participants, dressing safety suits outside, running to upstream, jump in water, exit water downstream, warm drink, dressing back.
- Fee Includes guide, equipment, safety arrangements, hot drink
- Available for extra fee: sauna & swimmingpool, changing clothes in warm place
- We use professional grade rescue suits in floating, and 18 suits are available,
- MAS-II isolated neopren-suits 13pcs (8pcs M for 170-188cm tall /chest max 112cm/waist max 100cm, 3pcs L for 176-205 tall /chest max 136cm/waist max 124cm, 2pcs XL for 176-205cm tall /chest max 144cm/waist max 132cm
- Depending on your size, 1-12 persons can participate at the same time). Remember to give size of all participants (cm/kg) when you make order, so we know what size equipment we bring with us.
- Sauna and/or warm room to change clothes, available for extra cost in Varkaus swimming hall during opening hours. You should send request minimum 2 days prior by email/contactform
- Bookings online. Payment by creditcards and instant confirmation to your email
Ice Floating is also available in Savonlinna, by the old Castle. Read more about Savonlinna ice floating here
Ice floating is also available in Puumala. Read more about Puumala ice floating here