Ice floating “SAIMAA ON THE ROCKS”
SAIMAA ON THE ROCKS – ice floating in Varkaus
Wow, what a winter experience ! An extreme winter activity Lakeland style for small groups. Using Ursuit safety suits, we jump in frozen water upstream and float downstream like a cork. Like jumping on parachute lakeland style. Safe,guided ice floating session in frozen water wearing a dry waterproof rescue suit. This program is good for all healthy persons 12-60 years old. If you have doubts about participating, contact guide before ordering. THE WINTER EXPERIENCE in Varkaus since 2009.
- Availability: november-april
- Group size 2-8 persons (+12 years old)
- Duration 1-2 hours depending on group size. Default starting time at 10:00am. If you want to start on another time, contact us before booking to check availability.
- Fee in Varkaus untill 31.12.18 45€/person (minimum charge 90€). Fee after 1.1.19 50€/person (min 100€)
- Meeting address: Ahlströminkatu 1, 78200 Varkaus, Finland. Program: instruction for participants, dressing safety suits outside, running to upstream, jump in water, exit water downstream, warm drink, dressing back.
- Fee Includes guide, equipment, safety arrangements, hot drink
- Available for extra fee: sauna & swimmingpool, changing clothes in warm place
- We use Ursuit Onesize rescue suits in floating, and 8 suits are available, (1 for 130-160cm tall, 5 for 160-190cm tall, 2 for +180cm tall person. Depending on your size, 2-5 persons can participate at the same time). Remember to give size of all participants (cm/kg) when you make order, so we know what size equipment we bring with us.
- Sauna and/or warm room to change clothes, available for extra cost. You should send request minimum 2 days prior by email/contactform
- Bookings online via calender below. Payment by creditcards and instant confirmation
- Possible to organize mobile SAUNA experience after tour for extra fee. Ask offer
You can also download INSTRUCTION-ON-ICE-FLOATING-IN VARKAUS