Get paid for adventuring in lake Saimaa
We are hiring! Position for Tour Leader is officially open. We are looking for caring and outgoing individual to lead our guests on a variety of outdoor adventures!
Summer 2022 is going to be BIG in Puumala. It´s an exciting time to work at LakelandGTE Outdoor company. Here are just a few reasons why you´ll love working as LakelandGTE field guide:
- Be outside & active
- A dynamic, ever changing & autonomous work environment
- Competitive base pay & bonuses for good work
- Loads of personal and professional growth
- Employee benefits
- Free accommodation
Read more below on the Field guide position available
LakelandGTE Outdoor company
We believe that nature is a source of energy, health and enjoyment. That´s why we want to share our passion for nature with our guests and bring them to experience lake Saimaa adventures with friendly guides in all seasons. That´s why LakelandGTE was rewarded in 2021 by Tripadvisor as the Travellers´ choice in Finland.
Role Responsibilities & Expectations
- You will be working as a guide on outdoor activities in Puumala, prepare tours, help guests, tell them interesting stories and show them the best of lake Saimaa.
- You will also be helping with tour design, sales and marketing.
- Maintenance and transfer of equipments is part of your duties.
- We expect you to shine in customer service and to be able to work autonomously as well as in the team.
Required Education & Experience
- Valid boat-licence (Vuokravenekuljettajankirja) and cpr (EA1-2)
- Drivers licence
- Fluent English & Finnish
- Confident and friendly demeanor
- Availability in June, July and August
Preferred Education & Experience
- Previous work experience as guide or other customer service jobs
- Fluent in useful second language
- Willing to learn manage Johku booking software
Frequently Asked Questions
- We hire in April-May
- Work starts in May-June and continues untill end of August or longer
- Send your application through the online-form below. You will be able to attach a CV to this online application. Please check carefully that you answer all of the question in the form
- Weekly working hours are between 20-40 hours. Extra hours will be offered when available
- Working schedules will be made one week in advance and adjusted when needed. If you need certain days off, this can be arranged when agreed in advance
- Financial compensation is negociated in face-to-face interviews
- We can offer accommodation in Puumala if necessary
- If you are interested in jobs later or in 2023, fill-in the form anyway and mention it