YOUR GUIDE AT LAKELANDGTE
Lakelandguide is Mr Arto Keinänen
I fell in love with the lakes after moving to Saimaa area from Helsinki. Beware… the same might happen to you on one of my tours… It is so beautifull out on the lakes. Water as far as eyes can see, thousands of islands, peace and quiet, and the wildlife. Since year 2009 my mission is to make you see and feel the local nature. I shall reveal its secrets to you during sightseeing tours, paddling excursions and forest adventures.
Small business must be the best
As a small business owner, I want to offer only the best service. You will enjoy my private tours more than any big-tourist-resort standard tour. Personal service, tailor-made tours and safety are my trademarks. On my tours you will feel welcome, whatever your background. I will make you see, feel & learn new things about the nature. I am constantly looking for great new destinations in my area and building new interesting tours for you. The four seasons of Finland each have their own attractions, and I want to show them to you, all year round.
Follow me, your adventure is waiting…
Arto in a nutshell
- Born in 1965
- Married, lives in Varkaus, Northern Savonia
- Hobbies: nature, fishing, food, accordion, languages
- Activities: fishing, boat sightseeing, paddling by indian canoes, forest tours, meals in nature
- In tourism business since 1989
- Entrepreneur since 2009
- Wilderness guide
- Fishing guide
- Paddling instructor
- Wild food instructor
- Languages: finnish, english, french, some german, some russian, some swedish
- Why guide? This is my dream job. There is nothing I would rather do than lead you “to the wild”
I have been reviewed in Tripadvisor by some customers. Have a look what they say:
Some quotes from previous guests:
- Caroline writes: “My family, boyfriend and I had a absolute fantastic canoe day in Linnansaari Nationalpark with Lakeland GTE and our guide Arto…”
- Adolfo writes: “Excellent service and Arto knows his business well. He is a very pleasant guide and help us to spot seals…”
LakeLandGTE outdoor company was founded in 2009
GTE stands for words Guide, Tours and Events, and describe what we do. Our mission is to offer great program services and memories to our clients.
Entrepreneur, chief guide
arto.keinanen (at) lakelandgte.fi
+358 400 966 800
(after 1.4.2020 address will be: Koulukartano/ Niementie 3, 52200 Puumala)
Vat register number FI2247249-8
Orders we recommend using webshop
Questions we recommend using contact form
Client safety is important to us
All our programs are safe. We have a safety plan, safety document and guide in charge for all programs, as required by Finland authorities. Clients are instructed to pass all activities and safety procedures are explained prior to activity. Guide is happy to give necessary information to clients. Participation in programs is volontary, and all participants must follow instructions given by the guide. Safety is a common interest. We have insurance from Fennia insurance company, which will compensate any damage occurring from our mistake. All clients must have their own insurance too, in case that client causes an accident due to his/her mistake.
We use professional guides in our programs. In all activities there will be one chief guide who is responsible for safety, and will have all necessary training for the activity.
List of my own valid trainings:
- Wildfood instuctor
- Canoe instructor
- China tourist quality welcome host training by COTRI approved traineers
- Finland Red Cross first aid training levels 1-2 (refreshed every 3 years)
- Fishing guide vocational examination
- MaTuPa Tourism Safety pass
- Hygienia pass
- Mushroom picking card (KSP) and Herbs picking card (VIPK)
- Nature products vocational examination (herbs, berries, mushrooms)
- Certificate to navigate hired boats and take passengers (vuokravenetutkinto)
- Navigation certificate (Saaristolaivurintutkinto)
- Nature and wilderness guide vocational examination
Thank you for visiting my website. Looking forward to see you in Finland Lakeland !