Wild Food Cruise continues in Puumala, by lake Saimaa as a charter service in 2021. The wild food cruise is a combination of informative wild food course and comfortable sightseeing cruise, put together and with a delicious wild twist. Guide Arto is an expert of wild edible plants, herbs, berries and mushrooms that grow in Finland forests. Arto organizes courses and foraging tours to the nature. Ecoboat is a nature friendly electric boat, and Arto skipper drives us from Puumala harbour to the beautifull archipelago. During cruise Arto makes the wild food course and gives you information about foraging, using of wild edibles and their health benefits. And of course, we admire the great sceneries as we go.. Eventually we land in Niinisaari island, at the Liehtalanniemi Museum Estate and nature reserve. Liehtala is a really beautifull place, a taste of the past as the estate is over 100 years old. Your guide Arto brings you on a field trip in the Estate lands and you will learn to identify edible plants in practice. After foraging we enjoy a snack with coffee and tea, and also prepare a wild salad to add wild flavours to the snack. On the way back you can ask questions and process what we you learned so far, as well as enjoy lake Saimaa. If you are lucky, you might also see a glimps of rare Saimaa ringed seals that live in the area. The wild food cruise gives you lots of information about the wild edible plants and may help you start a new hobby, like Arto did some 10 years ago. The comfortable cabin of the Ecoboat and the great sceneries make a great learning environment, pure pleasure indeed. Welcome on a wild food cruise in Puumala !
- Learn to identify and to use edible plants, as well as learn their health benefits
- Learn foraging in practice on a field trip
- See and feel a taste of the past at Liehtalanniemi Museum Estate
- See the beatifull landscapes in Puumala archipelago by lake Saimaa
- Ecoboat is the most nature friendly boat and cruising is a pure pleasure
- Your friendly skipper Arto gives you lots of information about wild edible plants in english
- Prepare a wild salad with guide and enjoy it with coffee, tea and sandwiches
- You just might see a rare Saimaa ringed seal too, if you are lucky
- Best service guaranteed
Info Private charter Wild Food Cruise
Book a private cruise, and there will be only you and your friend on board with your private guide. This is highly recommended for non-finnish speakers as you will learn more when all the guidance is made on your language. Arto skipper makes the tour in english, but he also speaks some french, swedish, german and russian. The minimum group size is 6 persons.
- When → be preorder during 15.6-30.8. 2021
- Where → departures from Puumala harbour, address: Satamatie, 52200 PUUMALA
- Difficulty → easy, suits well to everybody. Also for lightly disabled persons as they can be helped enter the stairs into boat (wheelchair cannot be taken in boat, however)
- Start → at 09:00-13:00 or 17:00-21:00 . Meeting place by default in Puumala boat harbor, address: Satamatie, 52200 PUUMALA
- Price → 70€/person Minimum fee is 420€ (6 persons). In case that you would like to have a longer tour, extra hours can be booked for +100€/hr/group. Contact us in advance to check availability of extra hours
- Price includes → private wild food cruise 4 hours, guide, ecoboat, coffee tea and snack
- You should bring → outdoor clothing as per the weather. Cabin of the boat is covered and weather-proof.
- Service language → guide speaks english, finnish, french and also some german, a bit of russian
- Note → No pets accepted on board
- if you have any questions, send them by the contact form
- Book online via the button. Payment by creditcards and instant confirmation to your email